We promote development in Flemingsberg
The Flemingsberg Science Foundation promotes cooperation between academia, business and the wider community in Flemingsberg. The Foundation comprises Stockholm County Council, Huddinge Council, Botkyrka Council, Karolinska Institutet, the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Södertörn University and Swedish Red Cross University College.
A strategic direction for the Flemingsberg Science foundation
The foundation’s overall strategy is to identify value-generating opportunities for co-operation in the intersection between academia, business and society, and have an active presence in these areas for their development. The foundation’s guiding principles in this initiative are co-operation, value creation, information and neutrality.
What the foundation wants to achieve to 2018
- An attractive campus environment characterized by strong interaction, a distinctive identity, and an international profile.
- Established interaction between academia, business and society in at least two of our key focus areas.
- At least three companies, or other knowledge-based organizations, with at least 10 employees, and one of which with more than 50 employees, base themselves in Flemingsberg.
- Co-ordinated national and international marketing of knowledge environments in Flemingsberg, with particular focus on the campus area.
The Foundation’s CEO is Björn Varnestig.
Funders and partners
We would like to acknowledge our funders and partners for their encouragement and support they have provided to us. Their help enables us to achieve our goals and are the driving force behind our success.
- Karolinska University Hospital’s Innovation Center is a gateway to cooperation between healthcare, academia and medtech companies.
- KI Innovation and KTH Innovation provides access to new concepts as well as commercialization support.
- Karolinska Institutet Science Park provides a creative growth environment with ready contact with academic research and training.
- Karolinska Institutet, one of the world’s leading medical universities.
- The Royal Institute of Technology’s School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Healthis one of the five schools of KTH and a strong constellation for research and education in the broader areas of health, environment, energy and materials.
- Swedish Red Cross University College has since the start 1867 given nursing students the competence and skills required for global work and also, contributed to the development of the Swedish healthcare system.
- SLL Innovation, supported by innovation coordinators in the region’s hospitals, identifies and coordinates requirements of healthcare staff.
- STING enables talented people to turn their ideas into sustainable businesses.
- University College of Music Education in Stockholm, (SMI), is a foundation university offering undergraduate higher-education tuition in music and related arts education.
- Södertörn University provides knowledge of entrepreneurship, business development and other social sciences in a multidisciplinary environment.
- as well as Botkyrka Municipality and Huddinge Municipality
The network also includes entrepreneurs, other business incubators, angel investors, medtech companies and organizations, as well as government agencies and local authorities.
Flemingsberg Science Foundation Board is represented by a number of eminent people from Karolinska Institutet, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Södertörn University, Swedish Red Cross University College, Stockholm Community Council, Huddinge Council and Botkyrka Council.